
I, 17 years old, Daryl, 20 years old, united in marriage in a small church in Sugar Land, Tx. Officiated by my brother with lots of friends and family as witnesses. The memory is still so vivid! I remember leaving the reception asking myself,"Did that really just happen?" "Am I really married?" Daryl and I left in a thunderbird he brought home from work and of we went to the Quality Inn on the southwest freeway, a whole 15 minutes away! We got up the next morning and we went to eat breakfast at Champs and then went to see a movie, that was our honeymoon!! To most people, not too exciting, to us, it was awesome!! We actually could not wait to get back to pick up Ashley, who was 13 months old at the time, and get to our very own 2 bedroom apartment and start our life together as a family, FINALLY. That was a very big deal to both of us!!! This friday, Daryl and I will celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary!! We met when I was 14 and he was 17. We have known each other more than half of our lives!! It is a great feeling to be able to say 21 years later, there is no other person on this earth I would rather have spent the last 21 plus years with than Daryl, futhermore, there is no other person I would rather spend the next however many years with than with Daryl!!! Happy Anniversary Daryl!! While I am at it,I want you to know, I LOVE MY FAMILY!! Just in case you were wondering!!!

1 comment:
yay mom and dad!! Im so glad you guys are my parents. Im glad you guys have been happy for 21 big years. these days it is so rare. i love you both! Thank you for loving eachother!!!
Post a Comment